Skip to main content

BBG 261-276

Camilla Chavez


Choosing a topic to write about as a research paper is very stressful and overwhelming. I found the article “Choosing a Topic Through Basic Research” to be very helpful. It gave various amount of tips on how to find a topic that would make writing a research paper less stressful and more interesting. I always thought that I had to choose a topic that would make me sound intelligent and would interest the professor who was reading it. This article told me to pick a topic that I would enjoy writing about, which never crossed my mind before. I realized in doing so, I will have more fun in writing my essay and will be able to compose it in a less amount of time. Not only did this article help me in less despising an essay by giving me tips, but it also made me realize that if I were to write a topic about something I am not interested in then my audience will not find it interesting either because I will end up being redundant in my essay as well as boring. I am glad to have read this article because from now on, I will know to pick a topic for my research paper that I enjoy and will be able to have a strong thesis in doing so.


Comments

  1. I also found it very helpful to pick a topic that is both interesting to you and your audience. It makes the process much more enjoyable as well as intriguing to do the research, instead of a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also usually do not choose a topic I’m comfortable with, and usually choose what I think the professor wants to see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Activity March 27, 2018

My writing process for project 2 was different from project 1 because I had to conduct research towards my argumentative topic. I also was required to use the Florida State university database in order to find peer-reviewed article that would provide me with correct information. This essay also had several sources whom mad me sound more credible towards my audience, which enabled me to write more about my topic. The personally think that writing a first draft and then revising it in order for it to be my final draft to be very helpful when writing a research essay. I was able to carefully go over any grammatical or punctuation errors as well as make sure that all my sentences made sense and were not random. I enjoyed project 2 the most because I was required to conduct research on my topic, which allowed me to expand my knowledge towards an argument that is personal to me and it made me sound even more credible when discussing this argument face to face with someone.

The Bedford Book of Genres

Throughout chapter 1 of “The Bedford Book of Genres,” I learned that there are a variety of ways to improve one’s writing. Several writers tend to get carried away while writing that they forget who their audience is and what message they are trying to deliver. This is when one must ask themselves what their purpose of writing is, do they want to present a narrative/ tell a story, inform, or persuade. After figuring out ones purpose they must choose a genre to be able to shorten their idea and be concise. In order for this to occur one must know the basic qualities and agreed-upon rules about the genre they are composing. Once one makes those decisions they move on to the rhetorical situation which mainly explains the idea. This allows the writer to provide support on their purpose such as saying what is great about it or provide statistics, which will automatically make their writing more interesting for the audience to read, as well as, get t...
Jamica Williams What are some subversion examples the author mentions? A few books the the author mentions It's just a plant, Heather has two Mommies, and Gloria Goes Gay Can you think of other 2 books or movies that are subversion? Scary movie 1 and 2 Why are they subversion? Scary movie is subversive because it takes into account the the rhetorical factors in most scary movies and joke on them. Its more of a comedy than a "scary" movie. Each of the characters do exactly whats expected. They run the opposite way like up the stairs, trip and fall multiple times, and even live with the ghost that is haunting them. What do you think "GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP?" Who should be the target audience for this book? The audience of this book is any adult/parent. Because its probably R-Rated its targeted to older people, and anyone can find this humorous.