Skip to main content

BBG 261-276

Sophia Fundora
As with all the previous articles we've read for our homework assignments in this class so far, I found "Choosing a Topic Through Basic Research"to be extremely helpful especially as a person who despises writing research papers. I agree with the various tips the article gives for trying to come up with the overarching topic of your paper. As someone who when it comes to writing puts all the pressure on themselves, sharing my ideas with people so we can come up with a topic together would have never crossed my mind but this article helped point out how helpful that would really be. What the article suggested which I do myself is writing about a topic you truly enjoy. I find that doing this makes it much easier to knock out a four or five page paper on it versus struggling on the first page due to a topic that you don't care at all for but think that it would appeal to the audience more- if you're not into it, your writing will reflect this and your audience as well will not be interested

Comments

  1. I agree that sharing topics helps solidify your ideas, as well as gives you a new point of view when it comes to your subject. I also agree that you have to want to write about a subject for it to be the best writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that writing about a topic that you enjoy or writing about a new topic that you have serious interest in is very important! i feel it helps relieve pressure and it makes the assignment not so terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's so much simpler and more effective writing on topics that come naturally and ones that you are passionate about so the reading was helpful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Activity March 27, 2018

My writing process for project 2 was different from project 1 because I had to conduct research towards my argumentative topic. I also was required to use the Florida State university database in order to find peer-reviewed article that would provide me with correct information. This essay also had several sources whom mad me sound more credible towards my audience, which enabled me to write more about my topic. The personally think that writing a first draft and then revising it in order for it to be my final draft to be very helpful when writing a research essay. I was able to carefully go over any grammatical or punctuation errors as well as make sure that all my sentences made sense and were not random. I enjoyed project 2 the most because I was required to conduct research on my topic, which allowed me to expand my knowledge towards an argument that is personal to me and it made me sound even more credible when discussing this argument face to face with someone.

The Bedford Book of Genres

Throughout chapter 1 of “The Bedford Book of Genres,” I learned that there are a variety of ways to improve one’s writing. Several writers tend to get carried away while writing that they forget who their audience is and what message they are trying to deliver. This is when one must ask themselves what their purpose of writing is, do they want to present a narrative/ tell a story, inform, or persuade. After figuring out ones purpose they must choose a genre to be able to shorten their idea and be concise. In order for this to occur one must know the basic qualities and agreed-upon rules about the genre they are composing. Once one makes those decisions they move on to the rhetorical situation which mainly explains the idea. This allows the writer to provide support on their purpose such as saying what is great about it or provide statistics, which will automatically make their writing more interesting for the audience to read, as well as, get t...
Jamica Williams What are some subversion examples the author mentions? A few books the the author mentions It's just a plant, Heather has two Mommies, and Gloria Goes Gay Can you think of other 2 books or movies that are subversion? Scary movie 1 and 2 Why are they subversion? Scary movie is subversive because it takes into account the the rhetorical factors in most scary movies and joke on them. Its more of a comedy than a "scary" movie. Each of the characters do exactly whats expected. They run the opposite way like up the stairs, trip and fall multiple times, and even live with the ghost that is haunting them. What do you think "GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP?" Who should be the target audience for this book? The audience of this book is any adult/parent. Because its probably R-Rated its targeted to older people, and anyone can find this humorous.