Skip to main content

Multiple media of texts

Julie Thayer
Before this reading I never pictured texts as the whole picture, I just thought they were the words on posters, TV, etc. Now I know that text is words and images all tied together. After reading this I now notice how often I can simply glance at something and know the general concept of it, like looking at a school paper. There are certain layouts that are constant throughout all types of mediums making it very easy to spot what layout means what. Fonts used also affect the mood and main ideas of texts. After this reading, I am now aware of how important it is to choose the correct font so I can convey the correct message. Also how these fonts tie into images is also a huge factor in creating effective texts. After this reading, I now know that all aspects of text need to complement each other so one's reader can get the message you want to send. For project 3 I will pay extreme attention to what text I use and how they all tie together. This is so I can create an interesting and effective display for project 3.

Comments

  1. I like how you mention how to tie everything together, it adds more help from the reading than just thinking about the individual components. I'm definitely using these aspects from the article to help with project three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I agree that prior to reading this passage, I never though of textual presentation as being important as it actually is. I also agree that selecting a proper font is pretty important when trying to create effective text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that by just glancing at a poster, website, or any media platform, you tend to draw conclusions about it. A poster can say something by it's display that is not intended, and it is important that the message matches the display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that before reading this text, I did not look into depth on how important textual presentation was in order to get the message delivered to the correct audience in a knowledgable and presentable way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Activity March 27, 2018

My writing process for project 2 was different from project 1 because I had to conduct research towards my argumentative topic. I also was required to use the Florida State university database in order to find peer-reviewed article that would provide me with correct information. This essay also had several sources whom mad me sound more credible towards my audience, which enabled me to write more about my topic. The personally think that writing a first draft and then revising it in order for it to be my final draft to be very helpful when writing a research essay. I was able to carefully go over any grammatical or punctuation errors as well as make sure that all my sentences made sense and were not random. I enjoyed project 2 the most because I was required to conduct research on my topic, which allowed me to expand my knowledge towards an argument that is personal to me and it made me sound even more credible when discussing this argument face to face with someone.

The Bedford Book of Genres

Throughout chapter 1 of “The Bedford Book of Genres,” I learned that there are a variety of ways to improve one’s writing. Several writers tend to get carried away while writing that they forget who their audience is and what message they are trying to deliver. This is when one must ask themselves what their purpose of writing is, do they want to present a narrative/ tell a story, inform, or persuade. After figuring out ones purpose they must choose a genre to be able to shorten their idea and be concise. In order for this to occur one must know the basic qualities and agreed-upon rules about the genre they are composing. Once one makes those decisions they move on to the rhetorical situation which mainly explains the idea. This allows the writer to provide support on their purpose such as saying what is great about it or provide statistics, which will automatically make their writing more interesting for the audience to read, as well as, get t...
Jamica Williams What are some subversion examples the author mentions? A few books the the author mentions It's just a plant, Heather has two Mommies, and Gloria Goes Gay Can you think of other 2 books or movies that are subversion? Scary movie 1 and 2 Why are they subversion? Scary movie is subversive because it takes into account the the rhetorical factors in most scary movies and joke on them. Its more of a comedy than a "scary" movie. Each of the characters do exactly whats expected. They run the opposite way like up the stairs, trip and fall multiple times, and even live with the ghost that is haunting them. What do you think "GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP?" Who should be the target audience for this book? The audience of this book is any adult/parent. Because its probably R-Rated its targeted to older people, and anyone can find this humorous.