Chapter 6 in the textbook is about siting sources and finding out which sources are best for your research paper. There are different ways for finding information you need to write a paper. One way that many people find information is just simply looking it up on google. This however many not provide the most credible sources unless you find a website that is a .gov, .edu, etc. These are generic sources but if someone wants a more credible source for their paper the best thing to do would be to look in a school database. These databases provide peer reviewed articles and other forms of information that are deemed credible by other people who know a substantial amount about the one topic you are looking for. My paper is on Fishing and the population of snook, a species of fish most commonly found in south Florida. I think it would be best to use the databases to find information on this or maybe the Florida wildlife and conservation website page.
My writing process for project 2 was different from project 1 because I had to conduct research towards my argumentative topic. I also was required to use the Florida State university database in order to find peer-reviewed article that would provide me with correct information. This essay also had several sources whom mad me sound more credible towards my audience, which enabled me to write more about my topic. The personally think that writing a first draft and then revising it in order for it to be my final draft to be very helpful when writing a research essay. I was able to carefully go over any grammatical or punctuation errors as well as make sure that all my sentences made sense and were not random. I enjoyed project 2 the most because I was required to conduct research on my topic, which allowed me to expand my knowledge towards an argument that is personal to me and it made me sound even more credible when discussing this argument face to face with someone.
I think that using FSU's data base and the wildlife conservation website would really help with your paper! I think you should also reach out to proefssionals in the field and ask about their experience.
ReplyDelete