Skip to main content

BBG 261 - 276


Upon reading this section in the book, I realized I follow some of the strategies listed – without knowing I was doing so. I generally find it easier to write on topics that I find interest in, assuring that I will easily be able to find a lot of information on said topic. I would rather choose a topic I know well, than a more ‘mature’ topic – solely because of the fact that my comfort with the topic will lead to a better flow of thoughts while writing. Preliminary research is brought up in this text, and is a tactic I have always used – ensuring I have as much information possible on what I am writing before doing so. This can be paired with the idea of ‘free writing,’ or putting all thoughts down without worrying about the structure of the paper. This is done easily by having a lot of information, or maybe even too much – and following that with edits that will cut down writing into a solid piece. This is done much easier with too much text, rather than too little.

Comments

  1. I had the same thought process when trying to choose topics of my own! I always wanted to pick the topic that seemed the most professional instead of a topic i really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you were kind of already following the guidelines subconsciously. I agree it's definitely easier to write about a topic when you're genuinely interested in it, otherwise it's harder to elaborate on things and can get boring really fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Bedford Book of Genres

Throughout chapter 1 of “The Bedford Book of Genres,” I learned that there are a variety of ways to improve one’s writing. Several writers tend to get carried away while writing that they forget who their audience is and what message they are trying to deliver. This is when one must ask themselves what their purpose of writing is, do they want to present a narrative/ tell a story, inform, or persuade. After figuring out ones purpose they must choose a genre to be able to shorten their idea and be concise. In order for this to occur one must know the basic qualities and agreed-upon rules about the genre they are composing. Once one makes those decisions they move on to the rhetorical situation which mainly explains the idea. This allows the writer to provide support on their purpose such as saying what is great about it or provide statistics, which will automatically make their writing more interesting for the audience to read, as well as, get t...

Writing Activity March 27, 2018

My writing process for project 2 was different from project 1 because I had to conduct research towards my argumentative topic. I also was required to use the Florida State university database in order to find peer-reviewed article that would provide me with correct information. This essay also had several sources whom mad me sound more credible towards my audience, which enabled me to write more about my topic. The personally think that writing a first draft and then revising it in order for it to be my final draft to be very helpful when writing a research essay. I was able to carefully go over any grammatical or punctuation errors as well as make sure that all my sentences made sense and were not random. I enjoyed project 2 the most because I was required to conduct research on my topic, which allowed me to expand my knowledge towards an argument that is personal to me and it made me sound even more credible when discussing this argument face to face with someone.
Jamica Williams What are some subversion examples the author mentions? A few books the the author mentions It's just a plant, Heather has two Mommies, and Gloria Goes Gay Can you think of other 2 books or movies that are subversion? Scary movie 1 and 2 Why are they subversion? Scary movie is subversive because it takes into account the the rhetorical factors in most scary movies and joke on them. Its more of a comedy than a "scary" movie. Each of the characters do exactly whats expected. They run the opposite way like up the stairs, trip and fall multiple times, and even live with the ghost that is haunting them. What do you think "GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP?" Who should be the target audience for this book? The audience of this book is any adult/parent. Because its probably R-Rated its targeted to older people, and anyone can find this humorous.