Reading BBG chapter 5 was very helpful in terms of preparing for our next paper. The chapter specifically outlines steps to take in order to uncover topics, questions, and sources. The steps in brainstorming and gathering ideas makes the process a lot easier. I also found that the "freewriting" of this chapter ran parallel to the idea of the "shitty first draft". Using the terms, asking questions, and then narrowing your curiosity for choosing a topic is a method that I will use for the research paper. Additionally, I found it helpful that the reading suggests us to " form the argument in response to others" in order to make it stronger. Overall, the reading was very informative and provided crucial information that will make writing the next paper more simple.
My writing process for project 2 was different from project 1 because I had to conduct research towards my argumentative topic. I also was required to use the Florida State university database in order to find peer-reviewed article that would provide me with correct information. This essay also had several sources whom mad me sound more credible towards my audience, which enabled me to write more about my topic. The personally think that writing a first draft and then revising it in order for it to be my final draft to be very helpful when writing a research essay. I was able to carefully go over any grammatical or punctuation errors as well as make sure that all my sentences made sense and were not random. I enjoyed project 2 the most because I was required to conduct research on my topic, which allowed me to expand my knowledge towards an argument that is personal to me and it made me sound even more credible when discussing this argument face to face with someone.
Annie, I totally see the parallels in the idea of free writing between this article and 'Shitty First Drafts." It really just highlights the importance of this practice when developing your writing. I also agree that the idea of forming an argument in response to others really does make your research paper a strong one.
ReplyDelete