In chapter one of The Bedford
Book of Genres, the purpose of genres was discussed. Besides organizing music, writings,
or art into categories, genres help portray an author’s or artist’s purpose to
his audience.I understand that pieces could fit into multiple genres; however, I
think pieces can be impacted by its genre because certain audiences have a bias
of what genres they prefer to read and not read. When composing, the main
purposes are to tell a story, to inform, or to persuade. The importance of
focusing on who you’re writing for, the audience; how you write, rhetorical
appeals; and how your present your compositions, modes and media, were also
discussed. When considering who you are writing for, it is important that one’s
rhetorical appeals, ethos. pathos, and logos, along with style is appropriate for
their audience. Rhetorical appeals allow a composer to convey their
credibility, relate to the audience on a personal level, and intertwine logic
and facts into their pieces. Which mode a composer chooses is crucial because
he needs to select the right mode or combination of modes in order to reach the
right audience. Finishing the chapter, I realized that the design and mode are
extremely important in attracting readers and the genre and style are important
in keeping a reader interested in one’s work and the work’s purpose.
My writing process for project 2 was different from project 1 because I had to conduct research towards my argumentative topic. I also was required to use the Florida State university database in order to find peer-reviewed article that would provide me with correct information. This essay also had several sources whom mad me sound more credible towards my audience, which enabled me to write more about my topic. The personally think that writing a first draft and then revising it in order for it to be my final draft to be very helpful when writing a research essay. I was able to carefully go over any grammatical or punctuation errors as well as make sure that all my sentences made sense and were not random. I enjoyed project 2 the most because I was required to conduct research on my topic, which allowed me to expand my knowledge towards an argument that is personal to me and it made me sound even more credible when discussing this argument face to face with someone.
Comments
Post a Comment